Monday, February 14, 2011

Gate Fold Card

This week Nilda has asked us to design a gate fold card for The Cuttlebug Spot. I think this is the fastest card I have ever put together. Everything just fell right into place.






I started with a 5x12 piece of black cardstock, then scored it at 2", 4", 8", and 10". On both ends of the base, I used a punch. Using the same punch, I cut two additional strips from yellow and red cardstock, off setting them just a tad when adhering. The bee was cut using Pooh and Friends Cricut cartridge. I ran his wings through the Cuttlebug using the D'vine Swirls embossing plate, inked it with a pale blue and then added stickles. I adhered him to a mat that I cut from Spellbinders Label Dies using my Cuttlebug as well.








For the inside, I ran a yellow piece of cardstock through the Cuttlebug using the same embossing folder. The heart was cut from the Sweethearts cartridge. All of the text is computer generated.

Thanks for looking, be sure to head over to The Cuttlebug Spot to see what the other design team members created.
Pin It

3 comments:

Jannie said...

What a great saying!!! Love those!! Like what you did with the bee and incorparate the colors throughout the card!!!

Very nice Theresa!!

love
Jannie

DonnaMundinger said...

Adorable Theresa! Love the bright colors and the design is fabulous! xxD

Helen said...

Awww...such a sweet card!
Helen x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...