Friday, June 1, 2012

TPV-Saying Farewell

I can't believe that my 6 month term is up with the Design Team at The Paper Variety. It has been an honor representing Abby and Suzanne, owners of TPV, as well as, work along side with some very talented designers. 
For this challenge, we were asked to design anything but a layout or card. The possibilities are endless! I chose to do this wooden canister that I picked up from Michaels. Of course I decorated in my favorite shabby chic style.


I began by prepping it by applying a couple coats of acrylic paint. Then adhered some patterned card stock. (sorry I didn't take step by step pictures)


I went around the lid with some fringe trim, then added a crystal beaded trim, and flowers and pearls.


Along the bottom I added this beautiful Venice lace trim, along with some bling.


For the front of the canister, I added more bling and random flowers. I tucked in some leaves, stamens, and a few curly q's.


For the top, I added a doily, more flowers and a big butterfly.


I hope you get a chance to join us for this challenge, I LOVE to see your creations! Also, you don't want to miss out on a chance for this awesome prize. Crate Papers Pretty Party.


Thanks for stopping by!
Pin It

5 comments:

Me-Ma Kim said...

OMG!! This is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS, Theresa!! YOU ROCKED this challenge!! TFS and have a GREAT Day,
Me-Ma Kim

Barbara Greenberg said...

This is just beautiful. Are you going to keep anything in it?

April said...

This is gorgeous Theresa!

Ashley said...

What a GORGEOUS project, Theresa! Great job!!!

meinlilapark said...

Awesome! I absolutely LOVE the idea of the butterfly on the top of the roses!! ♥
Hugs
Sandra

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...