Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Beautiful Granddaughters

There is always something fun going on in the yahoo group Scrappin-N-Chattin. One of the things is the Monthly Sketch Challenge, which I design the sketches for.  Here is June's sketch.


And here is my layout based on the sketch


These are my three Beautiful grand daughters. Rachel, Kalista, and Josslyn. Here are some close ups.


Another challenge within the yahoo group is the SC12. Which is a monthly layout challenge. Abby sets 5 different prompts, and we are to create a layout for each one. Being the scatter brains that I am, I thought one of the prompts this month was to incorporate masking...well, it was...just not for the layout challenge, it is for the monthly card challenge. Anyway, I still wanted to share.  There are many ways to achieve this. Here is what mine looks like, then I will tell how I achieved this look.


I LOVE how it turned out!  I created a brick template in Inkscape, then cut it out. I laid it in several areas of the card stock, then randomly pounced on white acrylic paint. Once that was dry, I used a piece of dry wall mud tape and followed the same steps, using blue acrylic paint.

 template and mud tape

If you are able to cut svg files and would be interested in the brick template, just leave me a comment on this post with your email address and I will send you the file.

Thanks for stopping by!
Pin It

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Hi Theresa! You were one of my numbers from the Moxie Fab Out & About, and I'm glad I came by to check out your blog! You definitely have a talent for scrapbooking. Your layouts are amazing! :D

dkjones said...

Wow, love this layout! I really love how creative you were with the svg cut file. I have a layout I was working on and was doing a search for different ways to create the brick wall on my layout and found your blog. I would love to have the cut file if you are still sharing. (horsewhisprr@gmail.com)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...