Monday, October 4, 2010

It's Time!

Time for what you ask?

For my very first Design Team reveal with The Cuttlebug Spot. I am so excited to have been chosen to join the team. I LOVE my Cuttlebug!

Being that October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, to represent the "Power of Women", we designed our projects around that theme. Here is my creation.




I have chosen to make a card. I set the card base up on the Cricut Expression to cut the oval shape out. I had to do the same for the pink cardstock. With the D'Vine Swirl embossing plate, I embossed the pink cardstock, then rubbed it lightly with a pale pink ink pad, highlighting the embossed swirls.

With white cardstock, I cut out a oval frame. Using the Swiss Dots embossing folder and again rubbing lightly with a pale pink ink pad.

I made the ribbon and added sprays of foliage that I punched using a Martha Stewart punch, then added a small Prima rose. Notice that stick pin?, one of my new creations. You can check more out in my shop HERE.

Lastly, I printed the sentiment on an oval shape and adhered it to the card.

Be sure to check out what the other talented designers have created, you can find a link to their blogs on the right side bar.


Thanks for looking!
Pin It

13 comments:

April said...

Congrats again Theresa! Your card is beautiful hon. :)
- April

Vicki said...

Gorgeous card.

flowerdisco said...

You make want to experiment more making these cut outs on my cards using the expression. I am always a bit apprehensive about it and with the lack of time I never really tried it.
Your card came out FABULOUS! and I love your pins. I have to give them a try also. You have inspired me and I thank You.
I bet we are going to have lots of fun at The Cuttlebug Spot and Nilda.

DonnaMundinger said...

Welcome to the team, Theresa! Your card is beautifully elegant and the sentiment very uplifting. Fabulous work! xxD

Jennifer Stricker said...

Beautiful. Glad to be on the DT with you.

Suzy said...

Beautiful card Theresa! :)

Helen said...

Gorgeous card - love the sentiment!
Helen x

Anonymous said...

beautiful card!! Did I read correctly that you are legally blinde? if so, you are even more amazing than I first thought! wow, how inspiring. Thanks. glad to be a part of the DT with you xxx

Kristie W. said...

Congrats on the new DT, Theresa! Very pretty card :) Love the embellies.

Donna said...

Beautiful card! Love the sentiment and your design. So glad we're sisters on the design team! Have a great week!

"Um Buggin" said...

Hello Theresa, welcome to the CBS D/T! Your card certainly made a splash with your debut. Love everything about it, looking forward to working with you as D/T sisters.

Hugz, xx

~L~

Brenda said...

Theresa you card is beautiful! I love the bling on the ribbon. I am thrilled to be on the design team with you.

Kerry said...

Your card is beautiful and I love the sentiment. It's great to join you on the Design Team.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...