Friday, March 26, 2010

Karen's Doodles Challenge

This is Karen's Doodles third challenge on her new challenge blog. This week it is "Fancy Folds". We have to make a card in a shape other than rectangle or square. Of course the main focus has to be one of Karen's awesomely cute digi stamps. I am fairly new to card making, so I had to really think about what to do. While researching, I found some really cool ways to fold cards, but I was afraid I wouldn't have enough time to complete the challenge by the deadline, so this is what I came up with.


I just love this Fairy Ballerina that Karen has designed, so I took her and made a mirror image, then attached them. (I had to clean up the one side that would make the back of the card). I then printed them out, cut out around them, making sure to leave the spaces where they connect in tack so it would be in card form. After cutting them out, I began the fun part, which is, coloring her in. I used my Prismacolors and blended and shaded using baby oil with a blending stump. I love how that technique makes the colors really vivid and pop. And of course I had to add a bit of sparkle with Stickles.

Come on over to Karen's Doodles Challenge Blog and check out all the entries.

Pin It

5 comments:

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

What a fab idea to make the digi image into a card! I luv it! Great colouring. Thx for joining us at Karen's Doodles challenge. Good luck!

xoxo,
Lori

Tracy said...

What a great idea. Love what you have done
Thanks for joining in at Karen's Doodles and good luck. Hope to see you again.
Tracy

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh how fun! Great card!

Thanks for playing along with us at Karen's Doodles!

Good luck!

Tracy said...

Love this card Theresa,great idea and she is adoreable!
Hugs
Tracy
xxx

Dannette said...

I love the outcome of the baby oil with the prismas. Really pretty! Hugs, Dannette

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...